Thursday, October 1, 2009

"The Sweetest Things in Life"

Yesterday, even though Donovan still wasn't feeling 100% better, he was considerably more active than the day before, so he was running around playing pretty much as he normally does. However, at random times throughout the entire day, he'd come find me where I was, whether at the computer or in the laundry room or on the couch or in the kitchen, and come give me kisses for no apparent reason really. Melts my heart every time for sure. I would love to know what goes on in that head of his that makes him do the things he does. So often I wish I could know exactly what he is thinking. I watch him and can SEE that the wheels are always turning in his head, but it's such a curious thing that makes him go from one thing to the next in everyday life. I love my sweet boy and that there is no one to him like I am, his mother. No one will ever take that place in his heart and life, and it's such an amazing feeling. I am Mommy. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am overcome with happiness just reading this. I can't imagine how great it feels for you when he seeks you out for a kiss. That's so precious.

    ReplyDelete