Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Clouds, clouds, go away..."




Why is it that a cloudy day brings about a sleepiness to the day that just can't seem to be fought? Inevitably, EVERY day that it is cloudy, it is that much harder to get out of bed and make yourself be productive. Today is, of course, another cloudy day here in Ellsworth, and I didn't think I was going to win the inward battle of whether or not to get out of bed. Fortunately, I have a 2-year-old son who needed a diaper change and breakfast, so that changes things a bit. :) I've thought back on life and run through the many times I didn't want to get out of bed and face life that day, but I have come to realize that it wouldn't be productive in any way, shape, or form. Problems wouldn't go away, the laundry wouldn't get done, the house wouldn't get clean, and if anything, it would only cause things to get worse. I know that a lot of the times I didn't want to get out of bed it was because of fear of what that day might hold. But, "God didn't give us a spirit of fear..." If I had, in fact, stayed in bed, the problems I was facing and through which I continue to fight, wouldn't have been able to be figured out thus far, and THAT is a depressing thought. I would much rather go ahead and get out of bed and have them get figured out little by little than stay in bed and be in the exact same (if not worse) spot. I know that God is faithful. Far more so than I DESERVE, but since when has God made that the point? His love is unconditional. His grace unfailing. His mercy new EVERY morning... Do these really sound like attributes based on what we deserve?
So, in spite of this cloudy, gloomy day, I will rejoice! The sun may not be shining OUTside, but in my house, I think it's going to be a beautiful, sun-shiny day!
God, You truly are amazing. I am so thankful that You don't do things by what we deserve, but that You do them because of and out of Your great love for us. What a wonderful life to wake up to! No matter the fights being fought, You are worth waking up to each and everyday. Thank You, again, for my son. He is a fantastic reason to get out of bed.

4 comments:

  1. ooh...that was good too! I love reading your blog, it makes me smile. It reminds me of the faithfulness of God. I love that the sun is shining in your house. Thank you for writing, it encourages me beyond words! Copenhagen has had many cloudy days, you have now inspired me to make them sun-shiny days! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Thanks, E! Isn't fun that we can all move and be different places and still have a platform to keep everyone posted on the goings-on in our lives? I love it! Miss you, E!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily,
    Your blog made me turn my attention back to God.
    Thank you.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something I can totally relate to. You kids gave me reason to get out of bed sometimes too. I thank God for each and every one of you and the gifts you were and are to me. I love you.

    ReplyDelete