Thursday, October 15, 2009

"A Life of Hope"

So much has been going on in life for several months now. Things that have threatened to overwhelm me on many an occasion. Thankfully, I feel as if I can see the sun creeping up on the horizon, about to spill over to bring about a new day. I feel excitement and readiness for that sun to break through the darkness and bring about this new day. I do not know what this new day brings, but I have faith that it will bring with it a glorious sunrise of which I will stand in awe of its breath-taking beauty. There hasn't been a whole lot about which I have felt hopeful these past several months, and to be able to have the feeling of hope in my grasp once again gives me a sense of faith and peace... Hope. It is such a simple word, but the reality of it is astounding. When you live with hope, the dark clouds of troubles don't seem so foreboding because there is an anticipation of when the sun will break through the clouds and you will, once again, be bathed in its warmth and glory. Who knows what the future holds? Even amidst the uncertainty of the future, there is hope. Hope of a new life. Hope of a refreshment of spirit. Hope of calm. Hope of peace. Hope of mercy. Hope for coming out victorious. Hope of never being alone. Ah, hope. Like a soft, refreshing breeze that restores the soul. Who knows what the future holds? I, for one, do not, but in the midst of strife, I choose to hope.
God, grant me strength to hold on to the hope You have placed on the inside of me. In the darkest of hours, help me to cling to the hope of not being crushed and defeated. I know that I will never be lost to You, and that in itself is a reason of great hope. I know that You will never leave me alone. You are my hope. Thank You for Your goodness toward me. Thank You that You don't fail. Thank You that Your grace is sufficient and Your love is unfailing. YOU are more than enough to sustain me, and I look to You, Father.

5 comments:

  1. I HOPE this new sunrise comes quickly and lasts a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kerri.Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, girls. No matter what happens, I'm going to be ok... I know that now, and it gives me great hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you had a blog...I just caught myself up and it was great! I love reading your thoughts, they are very honest. I miss you! Stay strong! God is faithful.
    -E

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, E! I miss you too! Love you.

    ReplyDelete