Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Is letting go the same as giving up?"

This is the question I have found myself mulling over the past week or 2... If something isn't working and you just somehow know there is nothing to do to make it work, wouldn't it seem more sagacious to go ahead and let it go rather than keep holding onto it and letting it pull you down? Or is that just quitting? To me, quitting is just ceasing something when it gets tough and not having the gumption to make it through a difficult time. It seems as though there is quite the fine line between letting go and giving up... I think it all must just boil down to your heart behind your actions... Isn't that the case with all things?

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I've been trying to comment for a while, but for some reason have been unable to do so. Maybe this one will go through. I am so glad you are blogging, and I read as often as I can. You are a lovely writer, Em. Hang in there. I am praying for you. Love you!! Call anytime.

    P.S. my crazy word verification is headews! What?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Joy!
    I am so happy to hear from you! Thank you for the encouragement. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I read yours as well and LOVE reading the day-to-day adventures. I love you and appreciate you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Em, I'm so sorry I haven't been there for you as I should have been. I was hoping things were going well, and since I hadn't heard from you, I assumed they were. I love you, kiddo. You know I'm here for whatever you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juanita,
    You have been a great source of encouragement and I really appreciate you. Things are what they are... I'm hanging in there. Love you!

    ReplyDelete