Thursday, December 31, 2009

"On the Verge of Something Great"

In just 10 hours 2009 will cease being and we will embark on yet another adventure in the year 2010. Oh the adventures had in 2009! It is absolutely CRAZY to me that 2010 is about to start. Where did the time go in such a hurry? I remember it turning into the year 2000 almost as if it was yesterday and already an entire DECADE has happened. Even though I remember 2000 as if it was yesterday, it seems as if 3 or 4 lifetimes have passed to get us to 2010. SO MUCH has happened. I feel as if I am an entirely different person, which is a good thing mostly. So, here we go... On to 2010. Here goes nothing, right? Here's to you, 2009! In many ways I am sorry to see you go, but in oh so many other ways I am relieved that you are over. And here's looking forward to you, 2010! I have a great sense that we as a people, as a family, and as individuals are on the verge of something great. I feel ready and excited for that breakthrough. I also feel a smidge of trepidation, but mostly just a high expectation for things to come. There were so many times in 2009 that I was sure were going to break me, but here I am... still standing, still fighting, still here.
May you all be blessed and prosperous this coming year! It is because of friends and family that I even made it through 2009, so thank you. My life is enriched greatly because of all of you.
Ah, Father, I made it through. So many times I was fearful that I would be overwhelmed, but You stayed faithful. Even when I wasn't faithful. Even when I trembled in fear, You stayed strong like You promised. You didn't fail. You didn't leave me alone. I thank You for the lessons learned this past year, and I thank You for Your goodness toward me. I look forward to what You will do in 2010, for I know it will be great and many will tell of Your faithfulness. I know I still have far to go in this adventure called Life, but I know I can and will make it through as I walk with You. Thank You for faithful friends. Thank You for my family. I ask Your blessing upon each and every one. May there be an abundance of joy this coming year. Thank You, Father...

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to tell you that I love you.
    I had a blast ringing in the New Year with you. I really do miss having you here.

    Here's to a great 2010....and the next time we see each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Patti. You don't know how much that means to me...
    I can't think of a group of people with whom I would have rather brought in the New Year. I so miss being here and being a part. Please, God, let this be just a season!
    Again, thank you, Patti. I love you too. Until the next time we meet... Cheers! May this next year be one of great prosperity and significance for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog Em. It was so good to see you and your family this holiday. Looking forward to seeing you again sis.
    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete