Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Time For Another Post"

And I've got nothing... Again... So, here goes nothing...
I went and got Donovan from his bed this morning around 10 (and, can I just say how WONDERFUL it is to have a kid who sleeps in til 10?) and brought him in to bed with me so we could snuggle for a while. These are some of my most favorite times. He seems to enjoy them too. Some mornings he is ready to just get out of bed and run free and wild, but other mornings, like this morning, he is more than content to just lay there with me and let me hold him. At some point or another, he reaches up his little hand and strokes my cheek. In return, I kiss his round, soft cheek and he giggles as if it is some sort of "inside game" we play... and I melt.

Have I ever mentioned that I love, love, LOVE being a mother? There is nothing that gives me greater joy in life. I haven't found anything else in life to be more fulfilling. Motherhood is, BY FAR, my most favorite thing in the entire world.

Anyway, after I got home from work tonight, I walked into the house and was greeted by way of my son running with his arms open as wide as they could possibly go, grinning from ear to ear with eyes lit with excitement, and yelling, "Mommy! Mommy!"... And, again, I melted...

2 comments:

  1. That son of yours! Precious moments! Now I'm melting too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think I've read through all your blogs. I laughed and cried along the way. I wish I knew the answers to the questions you ask yourself. Sometimes I don't think God wants to hang around with me because I sin so much. Then I think of King David...then the times I go through difficulties and think God doesn't see or He doesn't have some plan for the pain...I think of Joseph languishing in prison for all those years and then ending up second in command in all of Egypt. Wow. I know my life will never be as big as theirs but I do serve the same God as they did and His plans and purposes I can trust. God is truly amazing. I think God is amazing especially when I see the love in others like yourself that He has surrounded me with. I honestly don't think I would have made it through some of the things I've gone through without my family and the Church. He always makes a way when there seems to be no way. He always gives us hope to continue on if we only look Up. In the 35+ years I've walked with Him, He has always been faithful, always been good, always been loving towards me and given me strength and hope I could not have obtained on my own. He works all things for good, does He not? Even when or especially when we do not understand the circumstances we find ourselves in. He is the best thing that EVER happened to me. I love Him so. Your dad and you kids are next in line. He gave me SO MUCH when he gave me you all. I appreciate Him so much for that as well. There's so much more I could say about Him but honestly, there is not enough room. My heart is full to overflowing though. I love you Em. Thanks for sharing your heart with all of us. Be strong in Him. Nothing else satisfies.

    ReplyDelete