Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Another Blog"

Donovan remains stuck on "Finding Nemo" and insists on watching it at least 12 times a day. Needless to say, we don't really let him watch it 12 times, but he asks MANY times throughout the day to watch "Memo".
Also on a Donovan note: Potty training is in full-swing and I am terrified! It's such a BIG step. It's like the final step from infancy to childhood and it makes my heart weep a little. He gets extremely excited about going potty, but I think it's mostly that he likes that he has his own little chair to sit on. And it's probably a bonus to him that he gets to sit on it naked. :) Have I ever mentioned that Donovan isn't a fan of clothes? Takes them off every chance he gets. Like father like son, eh?
Today I went to Manhattan to see Bitty and tomorrow I am going to Dodge City to see the Crum family. On their way back from Omaha, they stopped in Ellsworth (which is GREATLY appreciated. I LOVE it when people stop through on their way to or from somewhere that takes them right by Ellsworth) and we decided that we needed to make more of an effort to connect. As much as I love talking about such things with people, I love it even more when people actually ACT on it and make efforts to take it from a thought and put it into action. Anyway, it is nice that I have something to do with my week off. Oh yeah, so Monday was the last day I worked and I don't work until Saturday evening, which leaves me with a lot of free-time, unfortunately.
Well, that's about it for tonight. A bunch of randomness is what this is, but it seemed time for another blog, so...

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE pictures and stories about Donovan. He is such a funny boy! I think by this time you have seen the Crum family. I hope all is well with them. Kiss your boys for me. Make sure they kiss you for me too. In just a couple of weeks I'll get to deliver my own kisses and hugs too. I miss you so much Em. You are always going to be my baby girl. XXXXXXOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, I love the picture on your blog. Did you take it? I am so glad that you were able to see the Crums. We were in class tonight and were able to skype with them. Thanks for continuing to write.
    Love you,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donovan and "Memo" I love it! He's unbelievably adorable. Potty training is huge. We're still working with John on not wearing a pull-up to bed and he just turned...wait for it...six! It's hard when he's at three places and not everyone is stressing the importance of him not wetting the bed at night. I feel for him because c'mon he doesn't want to be wearing a pull-up to bed anymore either. He's a hard sleeper and he wets the bed without fail nightly. Sigh.

    On a random note: your blog title is similar to a Dashboard Confessional song that I love. He sings about meeting his maker. You should check it out.

    Love you and wish I could stop bye your home sometime, or vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel-
    Yes, I did take the picture for my blog. It was on my way home from Pitt one night and I was super thrilled with how it turned out.

    Kerri-
    My blog title was taken from that Dashboard song. :) I couldn't help it! When I heard that song for the first time, I found myself weeping (yes, weeping) and have cried almost everytime since then... Good song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just posted a blog with those lyrics. Too funny. It's a great song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Finding Nemo too. It is a must watch in my house...what an amazing story about a father's love for his son...

    ReplyDelete