Friday, February 12, 2010

"Exciting Weekend to Be Sure"

This weekend we are in Pitt to anxiously await the arrival of my excessively missed brother-in-law and sister who are returning after 2 years from South Korea. FINALLY. Micah and Sarah are two of THE most missed people I know. Even though I have enjoyed my visits to Pitt while they've been gone, their absence has not gone unnoticed by any means. It's been hard to have them be so far away. And it will be AMAZING having them home again. It will make me look forward to my visits to Pitt that much more knowing I will, in fact, get to see them during future visits.


This weekend will also be a long over-due reunion of all of us Sterrett sibs. It has been 3 years since we have all been together, as my brother joined the Navy a bit before Micah and Sarah moved to South Korea. Words seriously cannot express my excitement at the thought of ALL of us sibs being together again. Makes me start crying just thinking about it. My heart feels so full of joy... and relief. Relief that Michael made it home safely from Iraq and is now done with the military all together. Relief that Micah and Sarah are on their way home now too and plan to stick around a while.

On completely minor notes: This weekend is also exciting because I have a new camera that I will get to capture memories with and our dresses for Amy's Wedding came in and we all get to have a "sister" time of trying them on and getting to have that experience with Sarah this time around.

I have been anxiously awaiting this weekend for quite some time now and I have no doubt that it will exceed my expectations and anticipation. I miss my family!

2 comments:

  1. We have missed you too. It was great to see you lastnight. I am looking forward to the rest of the weekend with you and your family.
    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so blessed to be with you and your family upon their return. You are always missed too Emily. : )

    ReplyDelete