Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Lazy Sunday Evenings"

Why is it that Sunday evenings always bring with them a sleepiness that cannot be ignored? Even if I am full of energy and ready to go and hang out with people, as soon as I settle into a couch, sleep begs to take over. Obviously, at this moment I am resisting it, but it continues to creep around... So, there is a solid chance that I will go get some Starbucks as soon as I am done with this to prepare myself for the evening. The cozier I get now, the harder it will be later to move... On a random side-note: My dad makes me laugh because it never fails that, as soon as lunch is over and everyone is settling in the living room for more conversation and hanging out, he quickly fades into oblivion and falls asleep in spite of the conversation and noise surrounding him. I have never seen ANYONE be able to sleep through as much as he does. I'm sure it isn't just Sunday evenings, but he can fall asleep anywhere at any time and sleep right through all sorts of chaos. The ability to do so must be nice...

Anyway... Today was Sarah and Micah's first Sunday back and this whole weekend of hanging out has just felt so RIGHT in that they have been a part again. We were able to have our whole "sister time" of trying on our bridesmaids dresses and the accessories to go with, and it was, of course, filled with much laughter and loud, excited talking. What we were DOING wasn't the point so much as doing it together and being together again. It was just a relief and it was really good. It was so fun to have all 5 of us girls trying to share a mirror again. There have been so many little things that I haven't even realized I have been missing that have happened that have made my heart sigh a little sigh of contentment and longing for more times as such. It is so great to be around Micah and again witness all of his antics in person. He was always pulling something "Micah" when we'd talk on Skype, but nothing tops hanging out with him in person. He is one of the best story-tellers I have ever heard and, by far, one of the most hilarious people I know. Again, it just felt so right. I feel so thankful for this weekend, and I am beyond excited knowing that future visits will include getting to see and hang out with Micah and Sarah. See you all in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment