Saturday, January 16, 2010

"The Things They Come Up With"

So, today when I got home from work, my son came running over, eyes lit with excitement and he was wearing his pajama top and a pair of Spiderman swimming shorts... He looked like THE cutest dork I have EVER seen. I started laughing and asked Josiah what the heck Donovan was wearing and Josiah informed me that that is what Donovan wanted to wear. Apparently, he had taken off Donovan's pajama bottoms that matched the top because they had gotten wet and that he walked into Donovan's room to find him standing in those swim shorts with both legs in the same pant leg. Have I mentioned how nutty my kid is? :)

Donovan's favorite movie is "Finding Nemo." All week long the first thing he has done when he has woken up is run over to the shelf with our DVDs on it, pulled "Finding Nemo" from its place, handed it to either Josiah or I, and told us, "Watch. Watch." He's been kind of stuck on 3 movies: "Finding Nemo", "Muppets From Space", and "The Fox and the Hound." Fortunately, Josiah and I both enjoy those movies as well...

I've discovered that my most favorite thing in the world is Donovan's random acts of affection. Whether it's coming over and hugging my leg, kissing my leg, or running over to come give me a kiss for no apparent reason at all other than he just wanted to do so, it melts my heart like nothing else and immediately my heart is over-flowing again. Sometimes it's as though he senses when I'm feeling a little empty, so he comes to give me lovin's (that's what I call them and it makes him giggle) to fill me back up. I love it...

3 comments:

  1. That's so funny and sweet:) I can just picture him standing there with both legs in the same pant leg trying to figure it out:D Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little boy you have! I love hearing all these stories about him. Makes me feel a little closer to him. Kiss and hug your boys for me Em and make them give you some for me. I love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donavan is hysterical!
    I can totally see him in that get-up...and at least he picked 3 good movies to be stuck on, right?

    ReplyDelete