Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"It Snowed"

Have I ever mentioned how sharp the wind can be here in Ellsworth? Seriously... It gets vicious. Up until this point, I've been in my own little world of dillusion that maybe, just maybe, 40-something degree weather is the worst it would get this year as far as winter is concerned. It snowed a little in October and got down to the 30s over night... All of which I could handle and be comfortable. No such luck! Yesterday, the highest it got was to 20-something degrees and last night, while we were all tucked nicely in our warm, cozy little beds, the sky opened up and dumped heaps and heaps of snow on the ground! For those of you who don't know this about me, I'm rather a grouch about the cold and snow. I don't mind being cold as long as I don't have to be out in it. I love sitting in front of a fire. I love being cuddled up in a blanket. I love being snuggled next to a friend or family member with a blanket. But, when it comes time to leave the front of the fire or crawl out from under the blanket... That's when the grouchiness sets in. And the snow. I think it is breathtakingly beautiful as it is falling, but once it hits the ground and makes for dangerous travel and turns to ugly, black slush... It also makes me grouchy. But this year, I've decided for my own sake, and the sake of those around me, that I would do my best to NOT be grouchy about it and maybe even to enjoy it a bit. A few of the boys around here are beside themselves with the thought of taking my 2-year-old son out romping about in the snow, and that thought makes me smile. See? Already an improvement. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, enjoy it, Em. All we have here is dreary, drizzily, rain. I wish some snow would drop out of the sky!!! Love you. Hope D loves his time in the snow. Take lots of pics!!

    ReplyDelete