Monday, November 30, 2009

"Wow, Thanksgiving!"

This year's Thanksgiving quite possibly topped all previous Thanksgivings. And that is saying something because I've been a part of some fairly fantastic Thanksgiving celebrations. This year, my brother was able to be a part of the celebration again, which hasn't happened in 2 years as he was in the Navy and unable to get away. Also this year, my sister Rachel's parents-in-law joined us at my parents' house as they have just recently become official residents of Pittsburg, KS (Woohoo!). Also this year, I had THE BEST turkey I have ever eaten! My brother-in-law Ryan got started cooking at 4 AM(!!!!) and super out-did himself on the food. We had an absolute feast! Two different flavors of turkey, a ham, ribs, pork loin, stuffing, mashed potatoes... The list seems endless, and I didn't even go into desserts! Props to everyone who provided the feast. Seriously... THE best turkey I've ever eaten. It was so good and just RIGHT to have everyone come together for such an occasion as setting aside a day to give thanks and to focus on the many blessings in life. The day was spent in much laughter and good conversation. WHAT A FANTASTIC DAY! Later that evening, Ugo, Donovan, and I all went to our good friends', the Noga's, house and spent the remainder of the day, again, in much laughter and good conversation. I had the privelege of playing one of my favorite games with 2 of my most favorite people, and had an absolute blast. There were so many times throughout the day that I felt the warmth of comfort and contentment fill my being and I thought to myself, "How incredible to love and be loved in return." Love truly is the greatest of them all (See I Corinthians 13)... The one downside was the number of people I love who couldn't be there to share the day. Micah, Sarah, Ellen, Josiah- You were all missed and thought of! I look forward to the Thanksgiving Days to come. I know they too will be filled with joy and peace and much, much laughter. Wow, Thanksgiving! Wow...

Ah, Father, You out-did Yourself with blessing me! You have filled me to over-flowing and there are not words good enough to describe my thankfulness at all You have done and for all You have given me. Thank You for allowing me to be a part of a family such as I have, both physically and spiritually. You have been so good to me and all I can find to say is "thank You!!!", which doesn't even come close to being sufficient. Thank You for family. Thank You for friends. Thank You for mercy. And, thank You for hope... You are so amazing and I stand in complete awe of Your goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment