Sunday, November 15, 2009

"Funny Conversation"

So, this past weekend, I had some family come stay with us in Ellsworth, which was, of course, an absolute blast. It was Joseph, Amber, my sister Rachel and her 2 kids, Hannah and Anthony. One of my favorite things in life is to have a houseful of friends/family or to be a part of the big group of people at a person's house. So, my heart felt all warm and fuzzy that I had a house full of the people I know and love. Feel free to come visit us in Ellsworth! We would LOVE to have you!

Anyway, so, Saturday evening I was in the kitchen cooking dinner for all of us, which was to be chicken tacos. My niece, Hannah, kept coming into the kitchen at various intervals asking all kinds of questions, as she is 3 and, well, that's what 3-year-olds do. And this kid has TONS of questions that just erupt from the well of curiosity that exists in most 3-year-olds. Well, one of the times she came into the kitchen to check in with me, I was at the point in dinner preparations of shredding the chicken, and the conversation that ensued went something like this:
Hannah: What are you doing?
Me: Shredding the chicken.
Hannah: Why are you shredding the chicken?
Me: Because I'm making chicken tacos and I like the chicken to be shredded when I eat chicken tacos.
Hannah (eyes wide and lit with excitement): You're making chicken tacos?!?! I LOVE chicken tacos! Thank you for making chicken tacos!

2 comments:

  1. That kid is such a nut! What a sweetheart! Love ya, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. She cracks me up all the time:) I had such a great visit. Love you and miss you already.
    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete