Thursday, December 24, 2009

"Travelling and Sickness"

So, the past few days my son and I have both been very sick, which has put a bit of a dampener on out visit in Illinois with Josiah's family. No fun at all. I'm doing a bit better, but we had to finally take D to the urgent care center here to get his ears looked at and, sure enough, he has an ear infection. Poor kid! The doc put him on a strong antibiotic, so hopefully that will kick in and do its job before we head to Pitt. I hate it when Donovan is sick. He just isn't the same happy-go-lucky kid, and it breaks my heart for him.
This evening, Josiah and Den will be picking Levi up from the airport, so we are all excited for that. Unfortunately, the weather where Levi is isn't cooperating very well, so he's running into all kinds of delays and such. We are keeping our fingers crossed that he will actually be able to make it out tonight! So far, it sounds like he will be able to do so, but Mother Nature may, once again, take control and leave us all helpless. The weather here in Illinois is rainy and not too overly cold, so if he could just get at least somewhere CLOSE to us, he'd be in the clear. If you read this, please pray for safe travels for Levi!
Well, Dora is announcing that it is time to hang up stockings, so I will go for now. Just thought I'd give a quick little update on the going-ons with us since I haven't blogged for a while. Merry Christmas Eve to all! Everyone be safe and enjoy the warmth and comfort of being home with loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment