Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"When I Remember" by Blindside

"That boy is gone.
Sometimes I miss the way he wept at night.
To be still and not run...
To be rocked to sleep in Your light...
These days there is not much that will bring tears to my eyes, but when I remember who I am and who You are...
When I remember...
A cloud moves in, rain falls, thunder strikes, and sunshine breaks through the clouds.

I am walking blind.
I'm so distracted that I don't even feel when You hold me.
When did I grow such a thick skin?
You are my Sunshine and Rain, my Joy, and Sweet Pain.
I'm a spotless stain.
That boy is gone, but nobody moves me like You do...
When I remember...
A cloud moves in, rain falls, thunder strikes, and sunshine breaks through the clouds.
I can cry out of sorrow and joy, every drop of rain turns into crystal in the sun...

So wash my eyes, my clothes, my skin, my bones, my soul, my feet, my love...
I'm not forgotten.
I'm in Your thoughts 'cause I feel sunshine in the rain...
To this day, nobody moves me like You do..."

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this song...haven't heard it in so long..thanks for the reminder! Hope you're doing well. *Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing song. My favorite of theirs in fact. I was thinking about getting the words "when i remember" in some font of a tattoo.... in white... on my wrist..still throwing around the idea..anywho... this song means so much...
    love you em

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me a little sad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did this make you sad, Kerri?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Em,
    Just checking to see if you're still blogging. I miss you like crazy. You've been in my thoughts and prayers. You're not "out of sight, out of mind". Kiss your boys for me.
    Love you heaps and gobs.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. You changed the look of your blog page.Are you going to write an update in it soon?
    Love you,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made me sad because the very first line mentions a boy being gone...and your situation...well, you can see how it was sad to me?

    hope you're very well.

    ReplyDelete