Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"Ugh..."

This whole week Donovan and I have been dealing with sinus crap. My sinus issues are stemming from yet another sinus infection and I think his are stemming from cutting his 2-year molars. No fun for either of us. Needless to say, we have also both been exceptionally tired as evidenced by our 4 1/2 hour naps yesterday. Yes. 4 1/2 hours. Both of us. His nap happened because he is just flat-out exhausted. Cutting teeth is hard work and, add a cough and runny nose on top of it and, well, you get the point. He's miserable... and whiney. And I feel bad for him, but find myself running short on patience at the incessant whining... Just pray that we both start feeling better ASAP.

Why is it when you are feeling crappy one way, all other ways to feel crappy surface too? Is feeling miserable physically not enough? I need to feel miserable emotionally and spiritually as well? Kind of a "kick you while you're down" situation? If it's a tactic of the Enemy, it's a good one. If it's God just testing me and what-not, I hope I pass quickly or get help real quick because I feel like quitting.

Jesus, I need Your help. I am feeling lonely and worn out. Please intervene. Quickly. Please heal my son and relieve his pain. Please give me the patience he needs from me. Show up quickly, God. Please.

1 comment:

  1. I guess you know I can relate to this...remember 2 week old with RSV and scared she was going to die, with four others at home sick, throwing up, etc....a month and a half of five children (baby now 8 weeks old) with chicken pox thinking I'm never going to sleep in my bed again exhaustion. Whew! Times we don't feel faith is when it is actually being built...that's what faith is...choosing to believe against all odds. Being your mom, I wouldn't choose these things for you but please know you are never far from my thoughts and my prayers and I am crying with you. I don't just think God is empathetic, I KNOW He is and He is full of mercy and strength for you when you are weak. Keep believing, keep your face TOWARD Him.

    ReplyDelete